Sunday, May 19, 2013

FINALLY AT PEACE

We moved Thursday.  As I lie (or is it lay or some other form of that word) in bed Wednesday night, unable to sleep, I counted the number of moves I've made in my life and it was 32.  Most of those moves were between 1997 - 2005 although since 2005 there have been eight moves.  The timeframe between 1997 and 2005 I was one lost soul.  In fact, I would venture to say  was a zombie, trying to get through life as best I could, working 12+ hours a day, moving up the fucked up corporate ladder and going wherever the next best thing (or so I thought) presented itself.

Which makes this move so sweet and special.  Lots of healing and growing up has occurred and I am in my forever home with my forever mate.   My forever mates isn't here right now and he hasn't been here since Friday morning at 6:00.  But that is one of the things that I love about him - he's got his priorities straight.  So he's been in Charlotte at our nephew, Brad's, graduation from Davidson College.   I, on the other hand, have been working like a crazy woman since Thursday morning at around 5 a.m. to make this move happen and to get us settled.

I am in physical pain from four straight days of moving and unpacking but I am at peace.  Keith, I can't wait for you to arrive tomorrow at our peaceful, forever home.

Some pics as a little teaser.


Isn't it beautiful?





Mirrors and the final hardware will be installed early this week


Shower glass door will be installed tomorrow afternoon and we'll be able to use our shower on Wednesday


No, baby, the speakers have not yet been installed



Didn't want you to feel left out so I am saving the landing (and the media room) for you.


I just love our back yard; Koda and I spent lots of time playing ball in the yard today.  She would hang out there all day if she was allowed


It just doesn't get any better than this.  I plan to spend a ton of time in this room!



The purple guest room (aka Michael and Jeremy's room)



The pikes peak gray guest room - I know, I need to learn how to use the flash on my phone camera.


A few missing items (hood and one pendant over the island) but this is home sweet home


The creme sofa will just have to do for a while.  Our plan was to have this sofa downstairs in the media room and purchase a black leather sofa but our cream sofa woud not make the turn into the basement.  So we'll be purchasing smaller furniture for the media room.  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment