I stopped at the house today on my way to work as I wanted to check out the kitchen cabinet installation because, frankly, I didn't believe that they would complete the installation in one day. Well, I was wrong and it looks so gorgeous that it brought tears to my eyes. The stress of making all the selections over the past few months has been difficult to describe so when I saw our kitchen nearing completion I just couldn't hold back the emotion. I wonder what will happen when the red counter tops are installed. That just might put me over the top.
The island which will have a prep sink on the right. Notice the wonderful sunlight beaming in.
This is the wall facing south where the refrigerator, stove and hood will go. The doorway to the left of the fridge goes to the garage and to the left of the garage door is a new patio door leading to our magnificent back yard.
This cabinet under the window is where the kitchen sink will be placed and to the right of the window is the patio door so the window and patio door face east which will be wonderful in the morning. The space where there is no cabinet is for the dishwasher and the cabinet to the left of the sink cabinet pulls out for built-in garbage and recycling bins.
And here is a closer shot of the stove wall so you can see that the upper cabinets will have glass in the doors.
And as if that weren't enough for one day, they also started tiling the main floor bath. Today's stop at the house was about as good as it gets in the remodel world.





No comments:
Post a Comment