Wednesday, April 17, 2013

RED, RED, RED!

Red makes me happy.  People have always said that red is my color.  Red is Keith's color too since he's a Kappa.  So the red countertop choice was an easy one for us.  Well, at least it was easy in terms of us being drawn to the Strawberry Hill Crushed Quartz Countertop.  But then we started really thinking it through.  We shared our concept with some people.  Most people thought we were crazy and that it would be too much.  But for folks that know me, I listen to my gut rather than rational thoughts and, for the most part, my gut hasn't failed me.  But Keith is a thinker.  In fact, he's the most rational contemplative thinker I know.  And when it came down to it, his thought process told him that I spend more time in the kitchen than any other room.  I LOVE to entertain and he trusted my decorating taste.  Together, we came up with one kick-ass kitchen!


Isn't is grand?


A close-up view of the prep sink in the island


A close-up view of the sink which is right under a window looking out to our backyard


A different view of the sink




This is the view from the front door.  Notice the stain colors of the floor.  We're going with the light, natural option so it doesn't get too dark in the house and because light doesn't show dust.

And as if the counter tops weren't enough excitement for one day, our master cabinets were installed as was the laundry room tile.


The vanity that I wanted so so much because it takes forever for me to blow dry my fro into something manageable.  Now I can sit for 45 minutes versus stand.




Imagine the laundry room with diva red walls.  Yep - red, red, red!

No comments:

Post a Comment